Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Boredom....

It's been about three weeks.

A lot has happened during the last 3 weeks and most of it has been bad.

But that is no longer on my mind. My path is somewhat set and only the wheels need to work now.

But this is BORING.

Boredom is one of the greatest curses in life - it is more lethal than the most lethal drug ever invented.

And it has followed me for about two weeks now.

In fact, since a week or so, it has become nearly unbearable. Prior to that, I at least had anxiety to help me spend the day.

One visit to Delhi two days ago was tiring on the body but at least momentarily refreshing on the mind. For the first time I was able to meet a friend who has been a friend for over two years. It was fun, CP was fun, the cafes were fun, the rain was fun.
And yet it was only momentary. The moment I returned to boring Ghaziabad I was pissed off again.
Delhi would have been a nice place to hang out every day. But it is about 30 kms from here. 30 kms to any worthwhile place in Delhi. About 25 kms of that is a stretch of uncivilized stupidity. How can there be a city in which there are NO sources of any real entertainment, where the surrounding is so sick-looking and unfurnished, where there are no street lights and where 70% of the crowd is a bunch of jobless vagabonds? Add to that the general lack of any sort of safety even in broad daylight.

I guess this is the effect of having lived in a metro for 23 years - I find some small towns very repulsive.
But that's not my fault, is it?

It's obviously impossible to travel 60 kms every day for entertainment. It might still have been possible if not for my shallow pocket and the hole that would be burnt in it if I were to travel to Delhi and back, each day.

I have wondered for a long time now, why was IMT not built in Delhi? But I guess it matters little now.

I am planning on one more trip to Delhi, again to meet the same friend, since I have some time on my hands now. I hope it is a 7-8 hour meet up this time, and no rain because it ruins the possibility of exploring a place, however much I like it.

But one more trip in 9 more days means at least 7 days of utter boredom, even if I manage to spend one day doing some new interesting things.

I pray to whatever I consider God, to make these 7 or 8 days pass without boredom engulfing me whole.

No comments: