Total Pageviews

Friday, November 05, 2010

It's Time........

I have just learned discipline the hard way.
I had it coming for years.
I knew my luck would run out at some point.
It has run out now.
It's time to work hard.
It's time to earn the glory.
It's time to stop relying on intelligence, on natural ability, and on empathy.
It's time to stop believing in the magnanimity of the world.
It's time to live up
to the potential that is in me.
It's time to think really hard.
It's time to show the unbelievers
how good I really can be.
It's time to show the believers
that they believed right.
But above all it's time
to prove my mettle
to myself.
Why do I always wait till the water is up to my neck?
Why do I always make horrible starts?
Why am I always slack first and toil later?
Why do I have to learn my lesson always?
Why do I end up making a decent goal look like a hugely tough one?
No idea.
It's the dark side of me.
It's time to bring out the good side.
It's very high time to be damn good.
There is no way out.
For years I have rode my luck.
And used the natural gifts I have been bestowed with.
But it's all or nothing now.
There will be no more chances ever again.
I'm on my last chance ever.
On my last chance........EVER.

No comments: